Work with Us
Nashville Rise Community Organizer Description
The Position: Nashville Rise, a program of Project Renaissance, seeks to educate and empower parents and community members to advocate for high-quality public schools. We envision a Nashville where all children receive the schooling and support they need to live successful, fulfilling lives. We pursue our vision by educating and empowering parents, educators, and our community at-large to influence, support, and hold accountable our city’s educational leadership. We also support our network to work with community and leaders to implement policies that serve students.
- Building relationships and identifying new parent advocates.
- Managing relationships with existing parents to support the work of informing and empowering parents.
- Conducting 1:1 meetings each week.
- Conducting training sessions for parents.
- Entering data into our databases (Aristotle & Phone 2 Action).
- Assisting with Nashville Rise’s social media, email digests, blog and other written communications.
Start Date: Immediately
Required Skills and Characteristics:
- Language skills- bilingual in English/Spanish
- Flexible schedule- availability to work some nights and weekends.
- Influencer/motivator – strong skills in building relationships, communication, and motivating others to work together towards goals.
- Critical thinking – excellent judgment and an ability to make strategic decisions in complicated situations.
- Growth mindset – a desire to improve leadership skills over time and an eagerness to ask for and receive feedback.
- Goal-driven and organized – an ability to set and use goals to help colleagues, teams, partners, and volunteers work toward the organization’s vision, using goals as tools to spend time wisely, coupled with strong follow-through supported by excellent organizational systems.
- Team player – ability to excel in a small-team environment that requires team members to wear many hats and support each other’s work
- Positive attitude – a “spirit of yes” and an eagerness to work through and adjust to obstacles that may present themselves in a dynamic and ambiguous organizing environment.
Preferred Skills and Characteristics:
- 2+ Years of teaching or organizing/advocacy experience.
- Experience working in diverse communities – This leader will be working with our network of Nashville teachers, parents, and community members. Experience doing organizing work in Nashville or a similar environment with racially, linguistically and socioeconomically diverse populations is strongly preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Wendy Tucker at email@example.com.